28 february 2014
News: EGPA call for papers 'Innovation in Public Management'
Innovation in public management
The 2014 Annual Conference of the European Group on Public Administration will be held in Speyer in Germany from 10 to 12 September 2014. The Conference is being organised
in collaboration with the German University of Administrative Sciences in Speyer and the German Research Institute for Public Administration.
This year's main theme is innovation in public management.
Although public sector innovation has become a well-accepted term for thinking about public sector changes, the precise limits of what exactly constitutes innovation in public
management have not been settled. We are seeking to put together an interdisciplinary debate on this question by inviting papers that deal with diverse topics from the centre and
periphery of what can be called as debates on innovation in public management.
The PSG will be 'co-sponsored'by and following the research philosophy of the FP7 research project 'Learning Innovation in Public Sector Environments' (LIPSE: www.lipse.org).
We invite, but are not limited to, theoretical and empirical papers dealing with the ways:
- a) how technology (not limited to just ICT) influences how public sector organizations
function in policy making and service delivery (management structures, tasks,
autonomy, coordination practices, accountability systems, etc)?
- b) how are the principles and practices of co-creation, collaborative innovation and governance influencing public services, management structures and coordination practices?
c) how could the practices of private sector innovation planning and management (such as foresight, design thinking etc) affect public management (management structures, tasks, autonomy, coordination practices, accountability systems, etc)?
- Deadline for online submission of abstracts proposals: 15 May 2014
- Deadline for decision and selection of abstracts: 1 June 2014
- Deadline for submitting the complete papers: 5 August 2014
For questions, please contact Dr. Erkki Karo: email@example.com